Hitchhiker’s Guide Radio Show

Also known as "Why haven't I listened to these before?"

Personally, I love the radio show more than the book now. I read the book for the first time within the past year and I loved Douglas Adams’ writing. And I’ve been wanting to read the rest of his series. Listening to the radio was like reading this story with a new light because now you can hear and experience how the story was meant to sound like and I really appreciate the feel and humor that they were able to put into this show. 

Hitchhiker’s Guide has this flow to it that I’ve noticed in reading the book. I hear it even on the radio show where the story just flows from scene to scene, and there’s this energy to it that brings the story to life.

I got to about episode four in the twelve part series and I noticed that it’s already getting close to the end of the first book (I believe, I just remember Magrathea was towards the end of Hitchhiker’s). I wasn’t sure at the beginning of listening to the radio shows whether it encompassed just the first book, which Douglas Adams just wrote four other books, or if they all were a part of this radio series. After looking into it, the novel is just an adaption of the first four parts. Which wasn’t intentional on my part to stop after four. 


From this point moving forward, I’m not sure whether I want to continue listening to the radio series or to read the next four books. I’m a little torn because I love Adams’ writing style, but I also love the experience that the radio show gives with sound effects and voice acting. And that opening theme song which I’ve already grown fond off. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Fantasy - Neil Gaiman

The Distance of the Moon: A Visual Experience

Babel 17, Language that Kills