Urban Fantasy - Neil Gaiman

I read Good Omens for this weeks Neil Gaiman read. I don’t know much about biblical mythology but I’m loving the combination of humor and mythology teaching in this novel. You don’t have to understand it to enjoy reading it, and I’m sure if you did know it’d be that much funnier to read. 

Good Omens is incredibly entertaining and it’s definitely a book I’ll finish reading during the summer. (Along with a good number of these other books from this semester.) Even though this week was focused on Neil Gaiman, I think this duo-authored book emphasizes on both of their writing talents. 


The worldbuilding with all the demons is great. Having the demons treated to a more modern society really pulls out the Urban Fantasy aspect of Gaiman’s works. And along with the humorous parts of the story, everything feels weirdly nonchalant. As if characters just know whats going on at all times, or at least they don’t care all that much because they know they have no free will of their own, so they’ve become used to doing what they’re told. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Distance of the Moon: A Visual Experience

Babel 17, Language that Kills